This historic hall in St Mary’s Rd, Dundalk is one of the town’s significant heritage buildings. The Georgian building was constructed in 1812 and was formerly St Nicholas’ Male and Female National Schools, and the first public school in Dundalk.
For the last 50 years, it has been a shared space for the community, used regularly by 1st Louth Scout Group, the Mothers’ Union, St Nicholas NS, the local whist group and a variety of other clubs, charities and organisations over the years.
Following a programme of renovation and restoration, which is on-going, we are once again able to offer the wonderful facilities of the Wellington Hall for use by the entire community of Dundalk. For events such as social gatherings, local interest groups, concerts and shows, local schools and clubs, daytime and evening classes, mother and toddler group, exhibitions, charity events, etc.
The Wellington Hall is open to all, and provides full ground floor disabled access as well as conforming fully to all health and safety requirements.